Explain Everything is an easy-to-use design, screencasting, and interactive whiteboard tool that lets you annotate, animate, narrate, import, and export almost anything to and from almost anywhere. https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/explain-everything/id431493086?mt=8
From students explaining their thinking while solving a maths problem:
to creating a presentation on any topic (don’t laugh at my first ever Explain Everything video!)
Explain Everything makes it easy.
- insert images or video from your camera roll, Dropbox, or Google Drive
- take a photo or video from within the app
- insert a file from Dropbox, Evernote or Google Drive
- insert a browser to search and annotate web pages
- use text tools to draw and type
- use a laser pointer to highlight things as you speak about them or add arrows or other stickers
- export the completed project as a video, image or pdf file to other apps
- upload to Youtube, Dropbox, Evernote or Google Drive
Mrs Wideen’s blog has some great examples from lower primary students.
This video from Paul Hamilton is a good overview of how the app works:
Explain Everything is a great app for students to use in the one-to-one classroom but it can also be used in the one iPad classroom giving lots of the features of an IWB in a device that can easily be passed around the room.
The app costs $2.99 and in my opinion is one of the best value-for-money apps available for education.