Worth a read 05/20/2014

• “Mrs. Cooper’s second graders were asked to show their understanding of the water cycle and to do this we decided to have the students add something to their blog. However, a visual is extremely helpful in understanding so we chose to have the children draw a picture in the Drawing Box app, import it into Explain Everything where it would be recorded, save it to the camera roll, then upload it to their post on KidBlog. All of this was accomplished on our iPad minis!”

tags: KDSBytes Explain Everything iPad

• “Having iPads redefines many elements of teaching, learning, and assessment.  These past 2 years, I’ve experienced a learning curve not unlike that of a brand spankin’ new teacher.  This year I’ve begun to make the shift from technology-empowered teacher to a teacher who empowers students more.  It takes time, but when I let go and give more control to the kids, I’m not disappointed.  On the contrary, I realize that I didn’t know what I didn’t know about my students.  The more I learn about them and their thinking, and the more I impart this feedback to them so they know themselves better, the more we all understand the mathematics.”

tags: KDSBytes Explain Everything screencasting

• “Providing timely and effective feedback on student work is a critical component to any classroom. As students increasingly operate and create in a digital environment, emerging tools provide unique new opportunities for teachers to provide feedback on both written work and video projects.”

tags: KDSBytes Explain Everything Google Drive feed feedback formative assessment

• “Explain Everything is an app that lends itself easily to almost any assignment at any grade-level.  It allows users to add images, text, and drawings to a single page (app-folks call this an “interactive whiteboard”).  It also lets you create multiple pages or slides with those images, text, and drawings (just like an old-school PowerPoint).  To kick it up a notch, you can record your voice as you click through your slides, annotating (drawing or adding text and image) as you talk.

tags: KDSBytes Explain Everything apps presentation tools

Posted from Diigo. The rest of my favorite links are here.